Job Posting: Dance Instructor
Looking for a great way to help teenagers in your community?
Do you have a strong background in dance and would like to put it to use?
The Music Resource Center – Cincinnati is a non-profit organization that is a fun and exciting place for students in grades 7 – 12 to learn about music and recording after school. The mission of the Music Resource Center – Cincinnati is to educate and inspire young people and through music equip them with life skills for the future. We utilize music education and performance experiences, both of which create opportunities to teach important life skills, while simultaneously providing a safe alternative to the streets that any teen can afford.
We are currently seeking a Dance Instructor to initially help develop and teach a dance workshop while helping us grow to establish dance as a permanent program at our facility. To start, this position will be 6-8 hours per week, and will increase to 10-15 hours per week.
- Work with our Program Director to develop a dance and fitness workshop for teens that can evnetually be developed into a sustainable, weekly dance class
- Discussing the importance of fitness and nutrition in an open workshop environment
- Supervise and facilitate MRC’s dance workshops
- Teach whatever styles of dance are incorporated into the developed workshop and program (hip-hop, break, ballet, ballroom)
- Potentially work with our Program Director and Executive Director to plan grant and foundation requests that fund MRC’s dance program
- Plan and promote local recreational dance performances and competitions
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Must have strong background, and experience with, a variety of dance styles (hip-hop, break, ballet, ballroom, etc.) and openness to learn new styles.
- While profesional performance experience is not required, previous public performance experience is important.
- Experience working with youth/teens or general teaching experience.
- Ability to work and plan programming with a small team of others.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title, Dance Instructor, in the subject line. Please include your resumé and desired salary. You can also mail a cover letter and resume to: MRC-Cinci, PO Box 44253, Cincinnati, OH 45244.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check.
MRC – Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer.